Clarion C6,C7 and C8 compatible
Empower your users with a Data Exchange facility!
IMPEX allows easy, user-controlled, “drag-and-drop” import and export of data using templates which automatically read file format information (such as Field Names, Field Types etc) from the Data Dictionary (export) or from the file header (import). Even the file structures are constructed automatically. The demo will import any dBase or ASCII file so you can test it on your own data files.
- 1. Delimited (comma,tab,pipe,semicolon)ASCII,Flat ASCII and Dbase 3/4 supported
- 2. One-click importing – where all parameters are setup in advance by the developer
- 3. Update (replace) an existing record – as part of the de-dupe routines
- 4. Wizard type steps makes importing interface more up-to-date
- 5. dBASE key/index files are not used, just the .DBF and .DBT data files – so avoiding problems with non-standard formats.
- 6. File information such as field names,types,sizes is read straight from the DBF header record and displayed in a browse so the format of incoming files does not need to be known in advance (ie at compile time).
- 7. The user can then match up fields by a Map by Name button (for similar labels) and then drag and drop. These Map Structures can be saved for future use.
- 8. Duplicate checking can be enabled by both the developer and the end-user, with the option of adding, replacing or skipping duplicates and saving them to a text file for later viewing/printing.
- 9. At runtime the user can “override” incoming text for a particular field with their own choice of text (or date).
- 10. For testing purposes a set number of records can be imported.
- 11. End user can set delimiter for ASCII import (defaults to comma)
- 12. Unattended and batch imports – using command line parameters
- 13. Records are added to your existing data file and if there is an Auto Number key the autonumber field will be incremented automatically.
- 14. Checks can be made by means of an EMBED point just before a record is added. For example you could check if a required field is blank.
- 15. For ASCII files there is the option to skip the header record (useful if this record contains just field names) and allow double quote marks.
- • Export to HTML, Delimited(comma,tab,pipe,semicolon)ASCII,Flat ASCII amd Dbase 3/4
- • The developer can set Field Order for any export format and with Flat ASCII can also override the dictionary field length
- • HTML options: end user control over page and table attributes (font,color,width, cellspacing etc.), inclusion of user header/footer HTML (for example standard navigation bars) so the look and feel of their website can be maintained, table fields can be given a URL link, data can be output to one page or multiple pages. In the latter case Next/Previous links and page numbers are placed on each page generated.
- • The user can define which fields are included in the export file. So for example, the user could exclude confidential data fields from being exported. These selections can be saved for future use.
- • For ASCII files there are options for header record, double quotes and date format. Date fields are automatically detected by the templates.
- • Full integration with Sterling Data’s SearchFlash and NTS Query Wizard templates (but neither is needed in order to use IMPEX, they are just extra options)
- • Exclude fields from export – by both developer and end user
- • Create a new field on export – such as FirstName + MiddleName + LastName
- • IMPEX links up with other 3rd party query packages by means of an EMBED which allows testing against a Query or Tagfile produced by one of these packages.
Comments from Clarion Developers using IMPEX
“I have just completed a project where I am exporting CSV files and I have got to say I am delighted with Impex , fantastic product !!! – Simon Newell, Shackerly Group, Euxton, UK
“Great job with Impex import/export templates. This must be one of the easiest templates I ever implemented. Good instructions and straightforward. You give one of the most responsive and thorough support services available today. Quite a refreshing experience to work with Sterling Data” - Normand J.Charette, Positive Changes
“I think your products that I have are outstanding. Keep up the great work” – Faron Dunn, Diamond Software Systems, Griffin, GA
“Over the years I have found your templates to be one of 3 indespensibles in my development bag…” – Tom Durso, Crescent Systems
“Got the New Impex 4.0 installed and it works great. I tackled a 34 MB Flat ascii file and imported it into a .TPS file with no problems”. Gary Stanley CCP, Rocky Face, GA
“I like the product. It works cleanly and simply. Other than one problem that was mine, it works as advertised. On import, I liked the drag and drop implementation that allowed me to say what inputting field should be associated with what field in my data file. Good job Mike!” – Clarion Online (Feb 1998)
“Your interface is one of the best I’ve seen. I think end users will really appreciate it.” - Larry Andrew, EPES Software, Cedar Hills, UT
IMPEX costs only $195 and there are no runtime royalties. Clarion C6, C7 and C8 compatible
Purchase with Confidence – all products are covered by our 60-day return policy All prices are based on a Single Developer License
Place an order for IMPEX (and upgrades) using ClarionShop
Major benefits of using IMPEX
Clarion C6,C7 and C8 compatible
Make sure YOUR users don’t suffer a data disaster!
In computer magazine reviews top marks are always given when an application developer includes the ability for users to back up their data. You might be thinking “But users already have MS Backup, Norton Utilities etc.”. And this is true, they have. But many computer users do not have confidence in their ability to use such products – have they chosen the right files/directory? Is there some setting they have overlooked? etc.
BackFlash gets round all these problems by providing your users with a one button backup facility. You have already predefined which files are to be backed up (by means of an easy to use template) and your user just clicks on the button. Another major benefit of using BackFlash is that your customers will really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to think of their data security – too many applications give the impression that they don’t care if you have backed up or not. “That’s YOUR problem!” seems to be the attitude behind their design.
BackFlash is designed to be used as a stand alone EXE. This has the advantage that if disaster does strike, a user will still be able to do a restore, even if they can’t run your main App due to corrupted file(s).
Look at this Feature List!
- BackFlash is supplied as a Clarion .APP with all source code (apart from the compression section) so you can change screen layouts, fonts etc. to fit in with your applications look and feel. Compatible with Clarion versions C6, C7 and C8
- Security Option: you can use an ID string to make sure no other BackFlash user can restore from your backups.. NEW
- Compression is excellent and uses the high performance 32 bit ZLIB DLL – this is royalty free and can be distributed by you as part of your BackFlash EXE without restriction.
- Each set of backup disks will be given a unique serial number to ensure that only disks from the same set are used on restore and also that the most recent backup is being used.
- Any drive and path can be specified for backup – so large capacity drives such as ZIP drives could be used, or drives somewhere else on the network.
- During compression an animated hourglass is displayed to show the progress, together with bytes processed in total, for the diskette and also for the file.
- Unattended Backup facility
- User can decide where files are restored to – useful when restoring to a different PC
- The user can also specify which files are restored (this option can be disabled by the developer if needs be)
- All details of backups are stored in a log file
- Last backup date/time kept in an INI file for use by other applications
- Optional “Backup Completed” message and sound file. NEW
- Multi-language : Croatian, Dutch, Danish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese & Spanish (other languages are being added) NEW
- LS120 Support NEW
BackFlash 4.6 costs only $195 and there are no runtime royalties. Purchase with Confidence – all products are covered by our 60-day return policy. All prices are based on a Single Developer License
Download a working demo of BackFlash (540K)
Place an order for BackFlash (and upgrades) at ClarionShop. We can accept American Express, VISA and Mastercard.
Comments from Clarion Developers using BackFlash
“Our Customers have no problems now! This used to be our weak spot, now we don’t have a worry.” – Ray Rippey, VMT Software, Medford, OR
“It really is easy, too easy to believe. Thank you, Mike, a product well done, very well done indeed.” – Steve Parker, Clarion KnowledgeBase, www.par2.com
“I got BackFlash a couple of months ago and am VERY happy with it. I just want to pass on a thank you, not only from me but also from my users. They have grown to expect ALL the bases to be covered and using BackFlash has allowed me to comply with those expectations very professionally yet easily and with little effort on my part. Your efforts are appreciated. Keep up the good work, it makes my life easier.” – Guy Bernard, B.I.S., Inc., Lake Oswego, OR
“I’ve already given the thumbs up on BackFlash to another programmer and told them you answer questions fast! I give you an A++ on this! Thanks again!” Rich Garber, PC Workstations, Concord, NC.
“Just wanted to tip my hat to you for a great job! I’m up and running in BackFlash. My customers will love it!!!! Thanks for a great program!” – Mike Waterman, Greeley, Colorado
“BackFlash is really great! It was easy to implement and works well. Thanks for your help and for a great product!” - Mark Kowit, Legal Automation, Inc.
“Your program is top dog” – Burt Gonce, Shannon Software, Woodford, VA
“Thanks. Great product.” – Jim Roberts, Roberts Consulting
“Use the product as an add-on to all of my current applications. Makes security of the data very easy and simple. Tell my clients that 1 minute to backup the data saves them from doing a whole days work over again. Very elegant and simple solution to data protection.” – Donald J.Arshem, Forreston, IL
“I would thank you very much for help. That’s what I call good support!” – Trond Erik Poulsen ,Scanvaegt Nordic A/S, Denmark
“BackFlash has worked great in our 2003 programs and I look forward to using it in C5″ – Brian Mayer, The Reciprocal Group
“I just wanted to say thank you for creating BackFlash. It has made both my customers and myself feel more confident about installing Beta Software.” – Marcia Davis, Write Concepts, Syracuse, NY
- PRODUCTIVITY: Complete module ready to slot in with no coding on your part.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Customers will appreciate your having thought of their data backup needs
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: BackFlash is very user-friendly – no confusing menu options or supefluous toolbar options; just backup/restore/exit
- PERFORMANCE: Excellent compression
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION: add your files by easy-to-use templates. If you want to you can quickly change screen design, fonts, icons etc. in the AppGen
Questions and Answers
Can I change BackFlash easily to fit in with my main app’s look-and-feel?
Yes – BackFlash is supplied as a CW .APP so all the power of the AppGen is available to you. There are no DLLs or VBXs – all source code (except the compression section) is supplied. So you can change all screen prompts and other texts. This is particularly handy if your customers main language is not English.
Can BackFlash be used as an archiver?
Yes – on every backup your customer will be able to specify an (optional) path as well as drive. So a typical system might be to use the date as a directory. For example if an archive to the server was being made on January 1st the destination would be entered as “F:\ 010197″. A better solution for this need might be LogFlash which offers full undelete and tracking of user activity.
Are there any royalties or extra payments to be made?
No – the one off purchase price allows you to use the product in as many of your .apps as you like. From time to time there will be upgrades to BackFlash with extra features for which there will be a small upgrade charge.
Can an end-user tell from the disk contents which backup set it comes from?
Yes – each disk in a backup set will have one file on it. These are numbered 1.BKP for disk one, 2.BKP for disk two etc. Each .BKP file also stores which set number the disk belongs to. The set number is automatically incremented every time the user does a backup. If they try and use a disk from a different set they will be warned accordingly. There is a “Disk Info” button on the Restore Dialog which allows the user to check exactly what is on each disk.
How long has BackFlash been available?
BackFlash version 1.0 was first released in March 1996 – we are now on version 4.7