Give Your Customers An *EASY* Data Back Up Option,
They’ll Thank You One Day!
Click here to Download a working demo of BackFlash
Clarion C7,C8,C9/9.1/C10 compatible – ABC & Legacy
In computer magazine reviews top marks are always given when an application developer includes the ability for users to back up their data. You might be thinking “But users already have MS Backup, Norton Utilities etc.”. And this is true they have. But many computer users do not have confidence in their ability to use such products – have they chosen the right files/directory? Is there some setting they have overlooked? etc.
BackFlash gets round all these problems by providing your users with a one button backup facility. You have already predefined which files are to be backed up (by means of an easy to use template) and your user just clicks on the button. Another major benefit of using BackFlash is that your customers will really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to think of their data security – too many applications give the impression that they don’t care if you have backed up or not. “That’s YOUR problem!” seems to be the attitude behind their design.
BackFlash is designed to be used as a stand alone EXE. This has the advantage that if disaster does strike a user will still be able to do a restore even if they can’t run your main App due to corrupted file(s).
Look at this Feature List!
- BackFlash is supplied as a Clarion .APP with all source code (apart from the compression section) so you can change screen layouts fonts etc. to fit in with your applications look and feel. Compatible with Clarion versions C7, C8,C9 and C10
- Security Option: you can use an ID string to make sure no other BackFlash user can restore from your backups..
- Compression is excellent and uses the high performance 32 bit ZLIB DLL – this is royalty free and can be distributed by you as part of your BackFlash EXE without restriction.
- Each set of backup disks will be given a unique serial number to ensure that only disks from the same set are used on restore and also that the most recent backup is being used.
- Any drive and path can be specified for backup – so large capacity drives such as ZIP drives could be used or drives somewhere else on the network.
- During compression an animated hourglass is displayed to show the progress together with bytes processed in total for the diskette and also for the file.
- Unattended Backup facility
- User can decide where files are restored to – useful when restoring to a different PC
- The user can also specify which files are restored (this option can be disabled by the developer if needs be)
- All details of backups are stored in a log file
- Last backup date/time kept in an INI file for use by other applications
- Optional “Backup Completed” message and sound file.
- Multi-language : Croatian,Dutch,Danish,French,Norwegian,Portuguese & Spanish (other languages are being added)
BackFlash costs only $195 and there are no runtime royalties. Purchase with Confidence – all products are covered by our 60-day return policy. All prices are based on a Single Developer License
Download a working demo of BackFlash
Our Customers have no problems now! This used to be our weak spot now we don't have a worry
It really is easy too easy to believe. Thank you Mike a product well done, very well done indeed.
I got BackFlash a couple of months ago and am VERY happy with it. I just want to pass on a thank you not only from me but also from my users. They have grown to expect ALL the bases to be covered and using BackFlash has allowed me to comply with those expectations very professionally yet easily and with little effort on my part. Your efforts are appreciated. Keep up the good work it makes my life easier.
I've already given the thumbs up on BackFlash to another programmer and told them you answer questions fast! I give you an A++ on this! Thanks again!
Just wanted to tip my hat to you for a great job! I'm up and running in BackFlash. My customers will love it!!!! Thanks for a great program!
BackFlash is really great! It was easy to implement and works well. Thanks for your help and for a great product!
Use the product as an add-on to all of my current applications. Makes security of the data very easy and simple. Tell my clients that 1 minute to backup the data saves them from doing a whole days work over again. Very elegant and simple solution to data protection.
Major benefits of using BackFlash
- PRODUCTIVITY: Complete module ready to slot in with no coding on your part.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Customers will appreciate your having thought of their data backup needs
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: BackFlash is very user-friendly – no confusing menu options or supefluous toolbar options; just backup/restore/exit
- PERFORMANCE: Excellent compression
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION: add your files by easy-to-use templates. If you want to you can quickly change screen designhttp://sterlingdata.com fontshttp://sterlingdata.com icons etc. in the AppGen
Questions and Answers
Can I change BackFlash easily to fit in with my main app’s look-and-feel?
Yes – BackFlash is supplied as a Clarion .APP so all the power of the AppGen is available to you. There are no DLLs or VBXs – all source code (except the compression section) is supplied. So you can change all screen prompts and other texts. This is particularly handy if your customers main language is not English.
Can BackFlash be used as an archiver?
Yes – on every backup your customer will be able to specify an (optional) path as well as drive. So a typical system might be to use the date as a directory. For example if an archive to the server was being made on January 1st the destination would be entered as “F:\ 010197”. A better solution for this need might be LogFlash which offers full undelete and tracking of user activity.
Are there any royalties or extra payments to be made?
No – the one off purchase price allows you to use the product in as many of your .apps as you like. From time to time there will be upgrades to BackFlash with extra features for which there will be a small upgrade charge.
Can an end-user tell from the disk contents which backup set it comes from?
Yes – each disk in a backup set will have one file on it. These are numbered 1.BKP for disk onehttp://sterlingdata.com 2.BKP for disk two etc. Each .BKP file also stores which set number the disk belongs to. The set number is automatically incremented every time the user does a backup. If they try and use a disk from a different set they will be warned accordingly. There is a “Disk Info” button on the Restore Dialog which allows the user to check exactly what is on each disk.
How long has BackFlash been available?
BackFlash version 1.0 was first released in March 1996 – we are now on version 4.7 (2016)lanklan